The axe design is inspired by some of Hults Bruk favourite axes from the past. In 1870, ironmaster Ekelund brought back American production techniques and axe designs like Turpentine and Yankee patterns with hickory handles. With time these have become symbols for Hults Bruk axes. The head of the Anniversary axe, with a gross weight of 1.25lb, is a classic Yankee pattern and the bit has a finishing with a narrow 5 step premium grind. It is hand forged from Swedish quality steel, another symbols of Hults Bruk axes. They have equipped it with a hickory handle and a specially made leather edge cover, manufactured in Sweden from a vegetable tanned, full–grain leather. Enclosed together with the axe you will also find a key ring with a ships nail as a reminder of where our forging tradition began.
The label and the shape of the handle are inspired by some of the oldest documented axes from Hults Bruk, found in a catalogue from the 1890s. The label contains an old logotype with the initials HM which stands for Hults Manufaktur. In the past the axes have been available in a wide range of colours. The red and green of the anniversary axe have been borrowed from the Agdor range that was introduced in the 1930 and made Hults Bruk famous around the world. This particular green was inspired by axes sold in Sweden in the middle of the 20th century and the red handle was a common feature on many Agdor models during the latter half of the 20th century.
- The axe head is hand forged at the historic Hults Bruk, a forge that has been in operation since 1697.
- Each axe is made from high-quality Swedish axe steel, expertly tempered to hold a very sharp edge even after repeated sharpening.
- Painted iconic green, razor-sharp 5 step premium grind.
- Curved American hickory handle protected with linseed oil.
- Each axe comes with a vegetable tanned, full–grain leather sheath.
- Key ring with a ship nail (a reminder of where our forging tradition began), a storage box and special booklet.